Yoram Yasur Rubin: Doing the perfect squats
Squats are a very complete exercise, in which different muscle groups of the body are involved. The adductors, the buttocks, the twins, the quadriceps, and the lower back are some of the areas that we strengthen when practicing this simple movement. Yoram Yasur Rubin: The squats, in the long term and with a correct position, will be responsible for an increase in muscle mass and the reduction of body fat thanks to the expenditure of energy. We are facing an exercise that can help us to be more fit. Today we tell you how to do squats and their benefits for our body.
The technique and position to do squats:
In order to avoid injuries, it is important to execute the exercise correctly. Position and technique are also important to get all the benefits of squatting.
First, position the legs apart, placing each foot parallel to the shoulders. Yoram Yasur Rubin: With the look in front, we must flex the legs, descending the buttocks until they are close to the ground, maintaining without raising the soles of the feet. While descending, the back should be straight, and the knees and hips flexed. If the movement is well executed, the knees should not protrude beyond the tip of the feet and the flexion of the knees should not determine an angle less than 90 degrees between the thighs and lower legs. From this same position, we rise slowly to descend again.
How to know if we have performed the exercise correctly? The test is simple, we should notice the strength in our buttocks and in the muscles of the legs. On the other hand, the weight should fall on our heels and not on the tip of the foot.
The benefits of the squats:
- Strengthens the muscles: Yoram Yasur Rubin: the movement is perfect to strengthen the legs, but it makes work a great part of the muscles of the whole body. You are facing the ideal exercise to increase muscle mass in a healthy way.
- Burns fats: exercise makes us spend calories, so, along with a proper diet, fats will be losing presence in our body. This and other exercises, along with a varied and balanced diet can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Improved mobility and balance: when we put into practice the movement of the squat, we put legs and trunk muscles into operation like abdominal and lumbar muscles in order to maintain balance.
- Toning and posture: the movement influences the abdominal area but also affects the spinal area, so that our back also benefits.
- Facilitates daily activities: Yoram Yasur Rubin: The functional exercises are those that reinforce the parts of the body that we usually use in our daily activities. Squats are one of the oldest and most effective functional exercises, due to the number of muscles that are involved.
After the analysis and a correct execution of the squats periodically, you just have to check the effects it has on your body. Along with other types of exercises and a proper diet you can show how your body mass index is reduced.